We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As a Sales Engineer at Instacart, you will be a key member of the team selling our unique combination of products and services directly to the largest retailers in North America. You will lead consultative , technical-focused discussions with external and internal audiences in support of new partnerships, implementations and integrations. The role will require you to collaborate with a wide range of cross-functional teams to gain a holistic understanding of Instacart's technical capabilities to successfully support your day-to-day responsibilities.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work closely with Business Development team to develop and implement strategies to influence greater adoption of Instacart products and services
- Prepare for and lead technical discussions with teams ranging from executive level business stakeholders to engineers/developers, with the ability to tailor relevant content for the wide range of audience
- Gain a deep understand of the ever-changing Instacart eco-system to successfully provide consultative services to partners and business stakeholders
- Continually build technical knowledge and capabilities by interfacing with Instacart's product and engineering teams as you will represent both to customers and business teams
- Provide technical leadership for partners on implementation strategy and initial scoping of new integrations
- Work directly with Solutions Delivery team to ensure smooth handoff of implementation scope and plans to ensure successful implementations
- Learn internal processes and requirements to ensure these are accounted for during early stages of scoping
- Identify new opportunities from discussions with potential customers and market trends and provide feedback to Product teams to ensure we are building the right products for the market
- Create and maintain technical sales material to scale sales process
- Manage multiple work streams across multiple customers
- Strong experiences selling API products and solutioning/scoping integrations into client's unique e-commerce environments
- Proven experience developing and owning technical presentations and communications designed for stakeholders ranging from Executive-level contacts to Implementation Engineers
- 3+ years of previous working experience in a similar role
- Experience collaborating closely with cross functional teams across Business Development, Engineering and Product
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to balance complex technical concepts with business values
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Some travel required
Back to top