We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we've launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018-that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
We're looking for a User Researcher to join our Product team and help us create experiences that improve and transform our customer's lives. You're a passionate user advocate that owns and communicates user insights that lead to strong recommendations and successful outcomes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of data scientists, product managers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about building products
- Define success metrics, goals and testable hypotheses, then plan research activities based on those definitions
- Lead research with users to identify meaningful insights that fuel improvements to our product features and ignite new ones
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action
- Facilitate and help shape the design process
- Proactively define and execute on an end to end research strategy based on key research questions and business objectives
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams by sharing insights that identify problems and unsolved user needs
- 3+ years conducting research in a consumer-focused product organization - bonus points if the product served multiple customer types
- Proven ability to integrate insights into product design and a user-centered design practice, and influence product strategy through clear, concise and impactful storytelling
- Expertise in user research, information architecture and interaction design, and clear and compelling written and presentation delivery
- Deep understanding and experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques such as contextual inquiries and interviewing, usability testing, surveys, workshop facilitation, usage data analysis and triangulation
- A passion for user research, the customer and a truly collaborative spirit
- Ability to self-manage, self-motivate and deal with large amounts of complexity and ambiguity
- Experience managing concurrent projects involving cross-functional teams
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.