We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work-whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop-while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As a Product Specialist, you will draw on customer-facing skills, relationship-building skills, and technical foresight to help our shoppers and customers have successful experiences on the platform. We are looking for someone to serve as a liaison between engineering and Ops/Care by effectively presenting customer needs and problems. This role is for highly motivated and self-directed individuals, seeking an impactful role aimed at revolutionizing the way consumers shop for groceries and more. Responsibilities include developing positive relationships with cross-functional partners such as Engineering, Product Operation Managers, and more to help facilitate platform improvements.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop expertise in the products you support and maintain up-to-date knowledge of Instacart's product and platform changes.
- Regularly engage with Engineers and Product Operation Managers, collaborating on ways to enhance or improve the customer experience.
- Balance multiple priorities and be responsible for your work from end to end.
- Solve sophisticated technical challenges to provide clear and accurate resolution paths on incoming tickets in accordance with SLA's.
- Fully own moving product issues through our Unified Triage process (including consolidating reports from multiple sources), and finding opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of that process.
- Autonomously lead triage and bug investigation meetings with Engineering to assist in bug prioritization on a weekly basis.
- Be the single-threaded owner of product quality for a specific area of the product. Closely lead all aspects of technical performance for your product area using various dashboards and monitoring systems, and regularly report on product health and make recommendations for improvement.
- We want you to own recreating and replicating technical challenges with the responsibility to drive platform change via root cause analysis, configuration management, and fixes to client production and testing environments.
- Independently synthesize and provide recommendations to engineers and engineering leadership on how to prioritize issue resolution.
- Understand and translate intricate product and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Autonomously develop and complete processes to test new features before they launch. Make recommendations on how we can improve the product prior to launch.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Engineering and Care/Ops teams during active bug incidents and/or outages. Participate in an on-call rotation to provide assistance on incidents after hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or 4+ years of equivalent practical experience in a technical support role
- We are seeking an inquisitive person that is able to take intricate problems and break them down into practical pieces!
- Practical hands-on SQL experience
- Ability to operate seamlessly in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or similar (Zendesk, Intercom, etc.) and/or various plug-ins/automated workflows for ticket and incident management
- Experience working with various APM (Application Performance Monitoring) and monitoring platforms (i.e. Datadog, New Relic, Dynatrace)
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.