Product Designer, Enterprise
- San Francisco, CA
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
At Instacart, our retail design team delivers industry-leading white-label experiences for both our grocery partners and their customers. We focus on understanding the core journeys of our retailer's customers, from first point of contact through to re-engaging churned users. We also build the internal operational and business tools that grocers rely on. Bridging across those B2B and B2C experiences, we leverage human-centered design philosophies and lean methodologies to build, extend, and optimize our white-label grocery platform.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're seeking creative problem solvers that can untangle complex problems and deliver polished, delightful products for our customers and retailers. You'll use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve problems and craft amazing experiences. You'll partner with research, product, data science, engineering, and content strategy to identify new opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and lovable.
As we are growing our design organization, we are hiring across intermediate and senior levels.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a product designer/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools and technology cross platform
- You love working in short iterative cycles
- You are a curious generalist who can drive the full arc of the design process with a cross-functional team
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; please provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
Back to top