- San Francisco, CA
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
We're seeking creative problem solvers that can untangle complex problems and deliver polished, delightful products for our customers, shoppers, and retailers. You'll use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve problems and craft amazing experiences. You'll partner with research, product, data science, engineering, and content strategy to identify new opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and totally lovable.
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools and technology cross platform
- You love fast-paced environments
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top