Product Design Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
We're looking for a Design leader who will help shape and build the digital experience for our users while maintaining a balance in the whole 4-sided marketplace ecosystem. As the Product Design Manager, you will work closely with Instacart's cross-functional leaders to define product strategy and vision while growing a team of designers focused on building groundbreaking, meaningful user experiences.
We need someone who loves the challenge of creating great work within a fast-paced, ever-evolving technology startup. You know what it takes to keep a team inspired and motivated in their work, and able to see how their individual contributions connect to the bigger picture - the company, and beyond to our end users. You know that our success hinges upon the success of the team, and you're passionate and proactive about encouraging them, coaching them, and offering critical yet constructive feedback.
- 6+ years of experience in digital product design and/or service design
- 2+ years of people leadership experience, leading the work of UI/UX and product designers
- Experience with building, hiring and mentoring high performing teams
- Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights
- Ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You love developing cohesive and scalable Design strategies that can play out across numerous channels and mediums
- You display a human-centered approach to design that's inquisitive, strategic and empathetic
- You lead with passion and vision, and you can energize others to deliver excellent results while keeping them happy and engaged
- Reliable self-starter who can provide leadership to multiple projects with minimal oversight
- Can push the team to explore new thinking and expand new interpretations of the Design brand to meet ever-changing company demands
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top