Product Design Manager
At Instacart, the Shopper design team is driven by the mission of building the world's best experience for gig economy workers, our Shoppers. They are at the heart of Instacart's business and everyday we are excited to come work on some of the world's biggest challenges like how do we help our shoppers discover the right opportunities, how do we help them serve their customers better so they can earn more, how do we ensure our initiatives help support their learning & development so we build a long term partnership. Our shoppers are the ones to deliver the Instacart experience to our customers and it's our job as designers on this team to build a platform that helps them earn a living while providing a excellent service to our customers.
We're looking for a creative leader who will help shape and build the digital experience for our Shoppers while maintaining a balance in the whole 4-sided marketplace ecosystem. Design for us doesn't stop at our apps and website, it continues into the physical world. Instacart is welcomed into grocery stores and homes all over the country, and as the Product Design Manager, you will work closely with Instacart's cross-functional leaders to define product strategy and vision while growing a team of designers focused on building groundbreaking, meaningful user experiences.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead the design, development and implementation of carefully thought out experience for Instacart Shoppers
- Help maintain a high quality bar for the work your team ships with minimal effects on velocity.
- Recruit, hire and mentor an amazing team of product designers and help build our design culture to ensure the team works and grows openly and collaboratively. Help designers think critically about their work as well catalyze their aspirations in career development
- Step change productivity and accelerate team efficiency by regularly iterating on and improving processes/workflows with the design team and cross functional teams.
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision.
- Partner with product to help create roadmaps and define key metrics to measure product success and health
- As a design leader at Instacart, lead by example when it comes to collaboration and effective communication.
- 5 years of experience in digital product design and/or service design
- 2+ years of people leadership experience, leading the work of UI/UX and product designers
- Experience with building and promoting complex design systems
- Ability to holistically combine online and offline experiences
- Sensitive to qualities of great design, with incredible taste
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members.
- Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights.
- The ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America, and are available to more than 85% of U.S. households and 70% of Canadian households. Instacart's cutting-edge enterprise technology also powers the e-commerce platforms of some of the world's biggest retail players, supporting their white-label websites, applications, and delivery solutions.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Meet Some of Instacart's Employees
Emeka O.Product Manager
Emeka works to increase customer acquisition. Then, once customers are on the platform, he ensures they have the best experience possible and that Instacart meets their expectations in a quick and delightful way.
Back to top