Principal Product Manager, Ads
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey - from initial keyword search and aisle browsing through checkout and helping them close the loop on purchases. Our deep integration with our partners allows us to drive innovation on ads in multiple ways including formats bidding, quality, reporting and tooling to deliver great results for our partners while concurrently providing a delightful experience to our users. Our vision is to democratize the grocery store by offering brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Principal Product Manager, this individual will play a critical role in developing the product roadmap, and its execution for critical initiatives across ads quality, platform and measurement. This individual will work in collaboration with engineering, design, and cross functional teams across the company, to deliver a world-class product for brands to achieve great results. This person should be a seasoned Ads product visionary and leader, data driven with a keen understanding of how to deliver, measure and optimize value for marketers and a passion for building world-class products.
- Own the overall product strategy and roadmap requirements for key product areas potentially including multiple product lines.
- Improve the way Instacart measures advertising effectiveness, and optimize campaign performance based on their goals.
- Develop and present business case justification for new product initiatives and enhancements.
- Work across product teams and with cross functional partners to execute this vision.
- Engage closely with the engineering and design teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule to launch products on a regular basis.
- Work with external partners, customers and/or vendors to understand business processes and flows to deliver software solutions that meet business needs.
- Collect and analyze data on brand marketer and retailer preferences and needs to identify innovative solutions that address marketer objectives.
- Conduct market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 10 years experience working in Product, with experience managing PMs a plus.
- Subject matter expert with a passion for all things Ads with a deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences.
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level.
- Demonstrated success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally with a startup or high-growth tech company.
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics
- Appreciation and understanding of consumer psychology and its impact on new product adoption.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. Engineering/software background or MBA a plus.
Back to top