Operations Learning and Development Manager
Every day, thousands of Instacart Shoppers deliver perfect produce, make great replacements when items are out of stock, and communicate with their customers throughout the process, and Instacart's Operations team works with tens of thousands of Shoppers, developing fulfillment models, driving quality and efficiency, and ultimately providing an amazing experience for our customers. Our Shoppers, Shift Leads, and Site Managers work in hundreds of retail locations, with processes and procedures that are always evolving.
The Learning and Development Manager will partner closely with multiple Operation, HR and Product team members, and will be responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of all Shopper, supervisor, and corporate team member training and ongoing learning and development programs. The manager will build processes that scale across thousands of locations, and have a keen sense for simplifying complex information to make it stick, and the ability to respond rapidly to feedback. The successful candidate is extremely organized and capable of identifying best practices and the latest process improvements from the team, then creating, updating and disseminating training programs to a dispersed team across North America.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Execute all aspects of content development (researching, structuring, writing & revising) to enable scalable training programs across multiple Operations roles
- Partner with other members of our Operations team to identify best practices and stay apprised of all process innovations (we're rapidly innovating!)
- Understand key differences across Instacart's fulfillment models, as well as our many hundreds of regions and distinct operating environments
- Collaborate with our Product and HR teams to rapidly update and disseminate content
- Reinforce Instacart's values through all developed content, serving as the voice of Instacart to thousands of shoppers and supervisors through the content you create
- Distill key learnings, ideas, tips, and processes into digestible and fun content to help get shoppers up to speed and ready to serve customers
- Source feedback and evaluate curriculum performance in relation to quantitative and qualitative learning objectives, iterating on content as needed
- Maintain an understanding of industry best practices and, when necessary, propose new learning solutions to support the team's needs
- Help unlock team member potential and enable everyone to continue growing in their current role and beyond
- 3+ years of work experience, ideally in a learning and development role or with experience creating learning and training programs for front line employees in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of designing and implementing learning and development programs from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly express complex topics and distill information to make the learning process simple, fun and sticky
- Excellent attention to detail & organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively to bring together stakeholders across functions
- Comfort with basic analytics
- Strong presentation design proficiency (Google Slides preferred)
- An interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it's needed
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top