We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
At Instacart, we manage catalog data imported from many retailers. We build product and knowledge graphs on top of the catalog data to support a wide range of applications including search and ads. It is fair to say that knowledge graphs are at the core of the e-commerce business. We're looking for experienced applied scientists and ML engineers to join our fast-moving team to work on knowledge bases to improve customer experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
There is tremendous opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
- You will work closely with related teams, including Search, Ads, Catalog, Fraud Detection & Prevention, etc. You will have tremendous ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- You will be an active member of an internal community, including data engineers, data analysts, machine learning engineers, taxonomists, and economists sharing learnings, best practices and research across many domains.
- You will have the opportunities to work with academia through Ph.D. interns and faculties under joint research programs, and also publish in knowledge graph and other related domains.
- You will work on using data management, machine learning, and statistical inferencing techniques to solve problems of data integration and data quality for e-commerce catalog data.
- You will use theories of concepts and ontologies, natural language processing, graph algorithms, and information extraction techniques to create knowledge graphs and its supporting infrastructure.
- A graduate degree in computer science.
- 4+ years of academic or industry experience in knowledge graphs, data management, natural language processing.
- Strong programming skills (Python, C++) and data engineering skills (SQL, Pandas).
- Background in graph algorithms, and machine learning (e.g., XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow).
- An ability to identify and prioritize high-impact problems and deliver solutions that provide reasonable trade-offs between urgency and quality.
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.