IT Project Manager
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for an IT Project Manager to join our growing IT PMO team. You will be responsible for managing IT and cross-functional projects. You will own creating the projects charter and timelines, managing resources, and driving the projects to completion. You should have strong organizational planning skills and an understanding of technology and business systems.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Exercise best practices in project management throughout all project phases including initiation, planning, monitoring and controlling, and closure.
- Align and set expectations with stakeholders on the scope of work and deliverables
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan in JIRA
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to stakeholders and the technology leadership team about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- 2-3 years of experience in IT Project Management and demonstrated success with information technology project management involving cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Agile development and scrum project management.
- Experience planning, managing, and delivering small to large scale projects.
- Project management capability - the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, while managing external stakeholders, and holding internal teams accountable to deadlines.
- Experience negotiating with managers and project managers for competing resources, priorities, and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of IT and business systems
- Strong vendor and budget management skills.
Back to top