At Instacart, our mobile engineers are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. We're building a robust, well-architected app to simplify the complex process of getting our customer's orders from the store to their door in an hour or less.
We're looking for iOS engineers to build the mobile apps at the core of Instacart's business. On the customer side, our mobile engineers are tasked with building a flexible and intuitive app for all of our customers-from the technologically savvy to those who just got their first iPhone. On the Shopper side, developers are building a critical tool that guides shoppers through the store as they select items for our customers, all the way through last-mile logistics and delivery. On the Enterprise side, our mobile engineers are developing white-label products and APIs that let retailers build and maintain their own digital storefronts.
ABOUT THE JOB
In your application , please include a short note about your background and interests, your Github username, and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set.
- Executing a variety of projects to extend and enhance our Instacart application for iPhone and iPad
- Building new features to create an experience nothing short of magical
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred with 2+ years of software development experience and at least 3 years of iOS app development experience
- Very strong development skills in Swift and Objective C, iOS SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate on apps under pressure
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America, and are available to more than 85% of U.S. households and 70% of Canadian households. Instacart's cutting-edge enterprise technology also powers the e-commerce platforms of some of the world's biggest retail players, supporting their white-label websites, applications, and delivery solutions.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top