- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an HR Generalist to support our G&A, Communications, IT and Workplace, Business Development and Marketing organizations. The HR Generalist will directly handle, advise and coach on employee relations and compensation matters, as well as work with the broader People Operations team to develop and drive initiatives and overall process improvements. This role is critical to enable our business growth and further our mission of creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Advise and provide coaching to first-time managers on employee relations, systems implementation, compensation, performance management, HR policies and other related topics
- Partner with your region or functions HR Business Partner on larger projects and org changes
- Provide on-the-ground HR support in the San Francisco office
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements to HR programs and processes to drive efficiencies and enhance the employee experience
- Manage all new hire onboarding for the San Francisco office
- Conduct exit interviews and support administration of employee offboarding
- Stay up to date on California HR laws and practices (payroll, benefits, compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.)
- Manage employee relations and respond to all questions regarding benefits, systems, performance, company programs and policies
- Five (5) years of HR experience in fast growing organizations
- Knowledge of HR federal & state laws and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and navigate in a rapidly-changing environment
- Strong communicator with demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally and strong attention to detail
- Experience with being the face of HR, representing policies and practices to managers and employees across the organization
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America, and are available to more than 85% of U.S. households and 70% of Canadian households. Instacart's cutting-edge enterprise technology also powers the e-commerce platforms of some of the world's biggest retail players, supporting their white-label websites, applications, and delivery solutions.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top