Group Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered billions in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own the overall product strategy and roadmap requirements for several product lines.
- Develop and present business case justification for new product initiatives and enhancements.
- Lead a team of product managers to develop and implement the product strategy
- Work across product teams and with cross functional partners to execute this vision
- We are looking for GPMs across several teams at Instacart including Catalog, Data Quality, Retailer integrations and Enterprise
- Engage closely with the engineering and design teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule to launch products on a regular basis.
- Work with external partners, customers and/or vendors to understand business processes and flows to deliver software solutions that meet business needs.
- Collect and analyze data on customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Conduct market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 6+ years experience working in Product, 3 of which in a people leadership role.
- Experience managing a team of Senior Product Managers
- We are looking for several GPM roles with a diversity of product backgrounds including:
- Strong experience in building cross-platform/multi-platform experiences (Mobile, Desktop, Mobile Web) and optimizing those experiences.
- Data fluency, machine learning and statistical analysis
- Building products for large enterprise partners
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics
- Appreciation and understanding of consumer psychology and its impact on new product adoption
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. Engineering/software background or MBA a plus.
Back to top