Engineering Manager, Data
- San Francisco, CA
The Instacart Engineering team is seeking a leader in our Data Engineering organization.
The Data Engineering team at Instacart is responsible for building and operating a large scale data infrastructure for the entire company. This includes data ingestion from partners, extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data, and developing and operating systems and tools that enable others to consume and understand data faster. We also work closely with leaders from across the company in Customers and Fulfillment Engineering, Data Science, Operations, and Finance to achieve important product and business goals.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a software engineering team that owns several critical components of our data infrastructure. Help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems our team builds.
- You will hire and grow your team with superior engineering talent, and coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your organization.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of engineers. 5+ years designing, building and operating large scale data systems.
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Back to top