Engineering Manager, Core Growth
- San Francisco, CA
Instacart is looking for an accomplished Engineering Manager with a strong background in consumer product and growth. In this position, you will work on improving our core customers product through the lens of growth and user lifecycle. At Instacart, we believe that fundamentally growth is about helping more customers discover the value of our product and form long term habits using the service. This is what we try to achieve on the Core Growth team.
On a day to day basis, you will work with senior engineering, product, data science, design, user research and other disciplines to understand users' problems, obstacles and find ways to improve their experience through acquisition, activation, retention lifecycle.
As Engineering Manager, your team will own engineering scoping and execution, experiment design and implementation, and the tools and systems that enable feature development and innovation.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of features and infrastructure.
- You will work with cross functional team to help customers discover the value of our product and service through different lifecycles.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will help team members grow as technical contributors and members of Instacart community
- You will develop a team culture of curiosity, impact, ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Strong ability to work well cross functionally, and balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills, a sense of ownership, and a mindset of curiosity and continuous learning
- Strong ability to approach problems from first principles and solve problems at different levels of abstraction
- Understand what longer term architectural or tooling improvements are needed on different platforms (BE, FE, iOS, Android, Data Engineering)
- Understand how to keep the team motivated and productive in a highly dynamic and fast moving environment
- Have demonstrated experience helping engineers and other technical team members grow in their career
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
Back to top