We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team. We are hiring a Director, Retail Accounts to run a team that manages hundreds of Instacart's regional, local and independent grocers. In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, implementing new processes to actively manage hundreds of retailer relationships, driving strategic planning for your team's portfolio of retailers, developing your team, recommending scalable growth strategies, owning senior stakeholder relationships, up-selling new offerings and opportunities, and keeping the Instacart executive team apprised of progress.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Run a team responsible for building and maintaining relationships with hundreds of external Instacart retail partners
- Own senior-level executive relationships at regional, local, and independent partners; build relationships in partners' organizations
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Achieve and maintain high client satisfaction within Instacart
- Drive team to hit key performance indicators and business goals
- Collaborate with senior management on developing strategic plans to meet retail partners' needs and grow their business on Instacart
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 10+ years previous experience; MBA preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau preferred)
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Ability to manage across functions and present to leadership
- Creative problem-solver
- Positive, energetic, and influential relationship builder
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.