Director, Product Operations
- San Francisco, CA
The scope of the Product Operations team is to improve the user experience with our products. They do this by ensuring the Care organization is ready and equipped to support new products that are released and providing the Product and Engineering organizations insights around contact types, contact volumes and root causes for contacts in an effort to reduce overall contact volume. The product operations associates you will manage collaborate closely on newly released products & features to help project manage the key aspects of the launch (milestones, testing, insights). The associates are also responsible for understanding the quality & user experience for our products globally. In this capacity, your team will partner & integrate closely with Product Managers & Engineering to bring an operational & support mindset to product development.
Instacart is looking for a Director, Care Product Operations to join the Care Leadership team. The team works directly with Product, Engineering, Support, & Operations to ensure the products we release to our community are delightful & of high quality and that Care is adequately prepared to support our Customers. The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager who loves to coach & develop team members aligned to their strengths & who will be an energetic, passionate & strategic voice on our Product Operations team as well as a voice on the Care Leadership Team. In this role, you'll oversee the team that supports several different Product Management teams.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Care, and Field Operations to manage the effective testing and rollout of strategic new products and features
- Harvest deep actionable insights from customers and shoppers to ensure your team keeps the pulse on the most pressing needs of the business and share with the relevant business partners. The insights your team surfaces will help shape roadmaps across the company.
- Effectively recruit, acquire amazing talent, & build a high performing team
- Leverage your strong analytical skills to develop impactful recommendations on upstream product, process, or policy improvements that will optimize the customer & shopper experience, reduce costs, & enable growth
- Be the voice of our customers and shoppers in cross-functional strategy discussions. You will align with the leaders from Product Management, Design, Engineering, Operations, and Data Science
- Manage your team of Product Ops Associates to set goals, help prioritize, & remove blockers in order to empower them to do their best work & effectively leads product/feature rollouts
- Effectively coach and develop the strengths plus improvement opportunities for everyone on your team. Guide and provide resources they need to develop
- Drive collaboration and standardization across Product Ops team with systems, templates & best practices
- Instill a strong Product Ops culture, & help everyone connect to our larger mission
- Have a strong understanding of Contact Center operations and business metrics
- 5+ years of experience working in tech, consulting, project/program management or an operational capacity
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of experience with product or consumer operations
- Understanding of Support Operations business metrics (SLA, AHT, CR, etc.)
- Ability to easily transition between strategic thinking/planning to implementation/tactics
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision and get things done
- Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal, visual, & presentation communication.You should have experience communicating with multiple levels of an organization
- Experience working with Product teams, including Product Managers, Engineers, Designers
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong bias towards action
- Travel 10 - 15%
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top