Director of People Analytics and Research
- San Francisco, CA
We are currently seeking a Director of People Analytics & Research to build a world-class People Analytics function at Instacart. This is a tremendous opportunity to shape the direction of People Analytics for the company and grow the capacity and depth of the team as we continue to scale. You will directly manage our Senior People Analyst and work cross-functionally to boost the health of our organization.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Create the long-term vision and strategy for People Analytics function; effectively design, implement and manage delivery and initiatives, building out a team to support the vision
- Own all surveys and feedback mechanisms for People data
- Build relationships with key business partners, lead requirement gathering sessions, analyze source data and systems, and provide feedback on detailed data analysis to guide data-driven, people-focused decision making
- Utilize various research methods and data to equip our leaders with insights to drive effective decision making
- Develop robust People Analytics format to support the organization with real time data to drive decisions
- Lead data strategy for data warehousing, reporting, dashboards, and self-service people analytics
- Optimize reporting and dashboards to meet business requirements and create opportunities for automation, improvements and scalability
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Advanced degree in Industrial and Organizational psychology, and experience applying it in the business context
- 5+ years of experience in a People Analytics and 2+ years managing a team
- Strategic problem-solver with solid understanding of people and organization health metrics
- Ability to zoom in and out between strategic and tactical; prioritizing initiatives and resources accordingly
- Experience analyzing complex people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics) and presenting to leadership
- Experience with SQL, Excel and data visualization tools (Tableau, Visier, Workday etc)
- Effective communicator who can build relationships and influence at all levels of management
- Self-starter who is able to drive initiatives to completion
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top