Director of Engineering, Ads
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Ads Measurement team is responsible for accurate, low latency data infrastructure systems for the Ads org. This includes managing our ads data pipeline, online data stores, and creating insights that allow our advertisers to optimize their marketing spend, as well as providing real-time signals necessary to run our ads delivery system.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage a team of engineers working primarily in Python and Go
- Provide technical guidance and support to the team, including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- Prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- Collaborate with the downstream consumers of your systems and data stores, including other Ads teams and Finance.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of Software Engineers
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building data pipelines
- Strong data skills and a strong sense of ownership
- Experience with ads is a plus, but not a requirement
Back to top