Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- San Francisco, CA
To us, food has the power to comfort, create conversations, strengthen bonds, remove barriers and honor cherished traditions, and more importantly, bring people together, and we believe that no matter what you bring to the potluck, there is a seat for you at the table. As we scale our business, we are looking for a leader who will build a holistic diversity and strategy that supports our four-sided marketplace. We recognize that in order to best serve our customers, retailers, employees and shoppers, we must reflect the diverse communities we support and serve.
The Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging will help us continue to build and scale organizational change by implementing successful DEI practices that shape a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture and business. This innovative and compassionate leader will partner with our senior leadership team, and key cross-functional teams to concept, build and execute company-wide DEI strategies and initiatives.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Establish the charter of the DEI function, and assist in the creation of the long-term vision and strategy for the company
- Work cross-functionally with senior leaders to understand, identify and scope company-wide hiring and diversity goals
- Partner with Recruiting to create drive diverse pipelines and foster diverse candidate pools
- Partner with the Learning & Development Team on continued anti-bias and anti-racism training
- Collaborate with core cross-functional teams like HR, Recruiting, Workplace and Comms to ensure equity inclusion and belonging is threaded across the candidate and employee experience
- Partner with various teams and organizations (internal and external) to design, build and manage DEI programs
- Manage ERG programs and partner with ERG groups to advocate and amplify their voices across Instacart
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to infuse a lens of DEI into product roadmaps
- Partner with the Recruiting, Social Impact and Community Affairs Teams to help expand diversity partnerships and organizations
- Act as a thought leader and help elevate Instacart's employer brand
- 8+ years organizational experience with at least 3 years demonstrated success driving measurable organizational change by designing, building, implementing, and managing successful DEI practices and programs.
- A dynamic leader, skilled in leading groups and companies through change management
- Strong sense of EQ and ability to strategically influence and nudge people out of their comfort zones.
- The ability to influence cross functionally through education and relationship building
- A deep passion for attracting and keeping diverse talent within the workplace
- A balance of intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, and pragmatism
- Ability to zoom in and out between strategic and tactical; prioritizing initiatives and resources accordingly
- Strong knowledge of DEI standard methodologies, a forward thinker who has their finger on the pulse of trends and hot button issues.
- A demonstrable track record of working independently and autonomously
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top