Director of Data Science, Pricing
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart is looking for an accomplished Director of Data Science with a strong background in Pricing and Marketplaces. In this position, you will work closely with senior product, engineering and marketing leadership on Instacart's Pricing model, including strategy, measurement, and optimization along a variety of dimensions. You'll oversee opportunity identification, experiment design, forecasting, goaling, and metric design to help our enterprise grow efficiently. You'll lead an existing team of talented data scientists, with a goal to hire aggressively throughout the rest of the year.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will build and lead a high-performance data science team, including other data science managers, and be responsible for your organization's productivity, operational excellence and business impact
- You will help communicate your team's work and directly assist senior leaders in decision making
- You will help prioritize and set the vision for your team's work, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality analyses.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new data scientists with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- BS/MS in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Data Science or related field
- Programming familiarity with Python or R
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience with leading teams of 10+, including managers
- 2+ years of experience working on growth and/or marketing analytics
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate in cross-functional capacity with leaders in engineering, product, marketing, finance, etc.
Back to top