Director of Bizops, Products & Pricing
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
OVERVIEW Instacart's Business Operations group is building a dedicated team focused on Consumer Pricing. As Director of the team, you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart's pricing, and will be the primary architect of the emerging pricing structure for a generational consumer brand. ABOUT THE JOB Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where your work is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and outs of a cutting edge tech startup. Your primary mission: relentlessly reinvesting in our customers to keep Instacart the best place to buy groceries, anywhere. Some examples of the things you will own:
- Defining - and refining - our core delivery and pickup options + pricing as we expand across new verticals, use cases, and geographies
- Strategizing the right pricing and benefits for our loyalty program (Express) to make sure that we reward those customers who are most loyal to us
- Expanding our portfolio of service options so that we can simultaneously give great value to price-sensitive customers and great service to benefit-oriented customers
- Organizing, evaluating, and iterating a robust set of real-world experiments to give you the data you need to optimize all of the above
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives at the intersection of value and pricing to identify strategic growth opportunities, design sustainable solutions, and persuade varying audiences, turning your strategic recommendations into reality.
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L and the interplay of delivery fees, service fees and item markups to shape growth, retention and unit economics.
- Design and launch new pricing models to support Instacart's growth in new verticals, new markets and across an array of delivery options.
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues and roadblocks facing the company using your experience leveraging internal data and consumer research for business impact.
- Serve as the primary cross-functional touchpoint for Pricing strategy across Instacart's Product, Operations, Engineering, Business Development, Finance, and Analytics teams.
- Passion for creating a best-in-class experience for Instacart's customers & shoppers.
- 10-15+ years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Pricing, Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles; MBA a plus.
- Experience building and managing lean teams with outsized company impact.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Back to top