Director, Community Operations
- San Francisco, CA
Our Instacart Operations team is seeking a leader for the Community Operations team .
About our Community Operations team: Instacart Community Operations team is responsible for the business operations around local requirements across each market in the US & Canada. As an evolving external environment, the Community Operations team is charged with crafting the strategy on managing our business operations within the needs of our local frameworks. The Community Operations leaders serve as the points of contact of Operations to Policy, Legal and other cross-functional partners. Also, the Community Operations team collaborates heavily with the Compliance team to deliver on all requirements.
Highlights: Build an arm of the Operations organization while crafting a comprehensive, long-term strategy for proactively managing operations within the lens of the external environment. Create a team of multi-dimensional managers who not only are experts in operations but are the voice of shoppers internally and externally.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will own critical company-wide strategy on operationalizing requirements including advocating for our business needs while championing Instacart's values
- You will project-manage implementation of operations strategy as well as help build roadmaps and execution of cross-functional teams including other operations teams and be responsible for meeting established KPIs.
- You will be a strategic thought partner for teams across the company as an expert in the operations of our business.
- You will hire, develop, and grow your team with bar-raising operations talent and create a best-in-class organization.
- You will directly assist senior operations and cross-functional leaders in decision making for the broader business.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years of people management and operational management experience, including 5+ years managing other managers
- Experience in creating and setting the vision for a new team or business unit
- Exceptional public speaking skills and comfort working with external parties across disciplines
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Back to top