Director, Accounting Operations
We are seeking a Director of Accounting Operations to join our Finance team and lead the Company's Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with building and scaling these functional areas and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead strategy and execution across all Accounting Operations functions
- Build and manage a high-performing team, with a focus on customer service
- Work alongside our Finance leadership team to establish a clear tactical plan and targets
- Implement processes to scale the business across multiple global locations
- Create an organizational structure within the accounting department to facilitate achievement of the department's short-term goals and long-term objectives
- Effectively support the managers in Accounting Operations through coaching and mentoring, and actively supporting staff career development
- Ensure the protection of company assets and the adherence to related laws and tax obligations by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing appropriate policies and procedures
- Minimize risk to the company by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Confirm operational execution by establishing SLEs, measuring performance
- Proactively communicate with leadership and key stakeholders the team's plans, progress, results, and needs
- Contribute to the success of the entire Finance team through strong people and financial leadership
- 8+ years in leadership positions in multiple disciplines within Accounting Operations
- Bachelor's Degree
- High level of knowledge and experience with software and cloud-based services typical for Accounting Operations within a large enterprise
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of success in building high performing teams
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, common accounting practices, and corporate governance
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top