SQL Database Administrator
The SQL Database Administrator is responsible for the overall health, management, and performance of the corporate database servers and should be able to prioritize workload, interact with customers, and all levels within the organization. The SQL DBA will also be responsible for performance tuning, managing all components of the database systems, and ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget constraints.
The SQL DBA will also be responsible for database backup and recovery, as well as, installation & upgrades of the RDBMS. SQL performance tuning, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis are also critical roles for this position.
This role is located in Eddystone, PA.
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the InsPro application and other systems.
• Responsible for all database performance tuning and related application code review.
• Proactive monitoring of all databases to ensure that all database services are secure.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of database-related functions.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases including database maintenance and upgrades.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
• Other duties as assigned
Technical Knowledge required:
• In depth SQL Server Database Administration.
• Experience managing multiple MS SQL 2000, 2005, and 2008 RDBMS systems in a corporate environment.
• Must be self-sufficient and able to work independently on various projects.
• Extensive experience monitoring and tuning SQL Databases including high availability.
• Extensive experience with DTS / stored procedures.
• Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security
• Possesses a general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
• Bachelors Degree from 4 year college/university and 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years experience architecting, deploying, scaling and supporting Microsoft SQL Server.
• 5+ years as a SQL Server DBA in large database, high transaction mission critical production environments.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of company management.
• Strong knowledge and experience in writing stored procedures, triggers, views, user defined function and complex queries for ad-hoc reporting purposes.
• Performance tuning and resource monitoring of various databases.
• In-depth knowledge of MS SQL 2000, 2005, and 2008.
Back to top