Senior COBOL Developer
InsPro Technologies provides software and services for insurance carriers and administrators. Our customers use our software to sell insurance, bill for it, pay claims, and much more. Not only do we build the software, but we also run it through our Application Service Provider (ASP) services. Our customers range from small regional insurers to household name brands. We take pride in the level of support we provide to our customers and the significant accomplishments of our small but growing team of software, technology, and insurance professionals.
How will you contribute?
We are working on some really important projects to improve our platform. We're doing work on our user interface, back-end business logic within our application, database management, internal tools, and other things.
• Possess or obtain a thorough knowledge of InsPro applications. This includes application usage, technical architecture, interfaces, functionality and business utility.
• Ensure that the solution architecture is translated into high-quality, maintainable, extensible, scalable, secure and efficient code that follows established development guidelines
• Manage individual and collaborative tasks towards successful project delivery. Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with Project Managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with stakeholders, including internal partners, vendors and clients.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles and best practice coding techniques while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Identify opportunities for technology re-use and consolidation. Document ideas and rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
• Provide coaching and mentorship to less experienced Engineers.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
• Maintain a working knowledge of new and emerging development tools, packages, patterns and best practices.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd-level support to business users.
Who are we looking for?
In order to be successful, we need to expand our team and add a Senior COBOL/Java Developer. If the below description sounds like you, please apply so that we can further explore if we are a fit for each other.
• At least 7-10 years’ experience in a senior level software development role utilizing COBOL and JAVA related technologies with a primary focus on:
o COBOL\MicroFocus COBOL
o CICS\IBM TX Series
o MS DOS Scripting
o MS\SQL Server
o SFS Files
• Strong SQL knowledge and thorough understanding of and experience in implementing relational data structures
• Thorough understanding and ability to contribute to technical solutions from design to code level.
• Leadership in managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
• Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and commonly used project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
• Ability to capture requirements, perform analysis and develop process improvement approaches
• Ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
• Knowledge of and experience in the Insurance industry (Life/Health/Annuities) is a Major Plus
• Experience interfacing with Web Client or Web Service front ends is a Plus
• Heavy preference will be given to candidates who also possess the following development skills:
o Core Java/J2EE
o Web Services (REST or SOAP)
InsPro offers employees great perks in appreciation for the amazing work they do. In addition to flexible schedules, medical insurances, flex spending plans, 401(k) matching, and paid vacation time, one of the biggest benefits of working at InsPro is simply knowing the work will have a meaningful impact on the company's future. In this collaborative environment, talented employees watch their work lead to client success.
• Industry exposure: You will gain experience in the dynamic insurance industry which is growing in Philadelphia and surrounding areas
• Work that matters: You will contribute to a variety of meaningful projects which have significant impact on the company’s success
• Close-knit teams: InsPro’s intimate environment and flat organizational structure give you the opportunity to work closely with senior IT executives within the company
• Personal Development: Opportunity for growth and advancement as the company grows
*Inspro is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. *
Meet Some of InsPro Technologies's Employees
Vice President, Development & Solutions Architecture
Dave and his team of software architects and developers write, test, and deliver the customized code that InsPro Technologies’ customers rely on to power their businesses.
Back to top