Quality Assurance Lead
InsPro Technologies provides software and services for insurance carriers and administrators. Our customers use our software to sell insurance, bill for it, pay claims, and much more. Not only do we build the software, but we also run it through our Application Service Provider (ASP) services. Our customers range from small regional insurers to household name brands. We take pride in the level of support we provide to our customers and the significant accomplishments of our small but growing team of software, technology, and insurance professionals.
How will you contribute?
We are working on some really important projects to improve our platform and all of it needs to be tested to make sure we are delivering a quality software product to our customers.
We are looking for a QA Lead who will be focused our health and life software products, specifically completing testing and validation of our software. You will need to coordinate the testing plan, processes and also execute the testing (whether manual or automated). You’ll be spending about 75% of your time performing hands-on testing and QA functions.
You’ll need to learn the InsPro product functionality and system thoroughly in order to perform project testing functions. We’ll help you become trained so that, you will truly function in a Lead role, and provide support and direction to other team members and customers.
• Coordinate with the project team or directly create and/or execute detailed test cases to support integrated test strategies and plans based on technical and business specifications in accordance with company standards.
• Establish and/or execute manual/automated tests, reviewing the results of the testing performed by project team members.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for insurance expertise, product functionality and quality assurance expectations for the project team.
• Collaborate with peers, business analysts, developers and other departments to determine appropriate approaches for testing.
• Provide training and mentoring support on the InsPro system and QA activities.
• Management of QA related projects and team coordination
• Manage the test planning and execution strategies to effectively test and deliver releases and related projects
• Ensure complete testing coverage and to meet defined quality standards.
• Coordinate project deliverables with QA team member resources both onshore and offshore
• Work with Project, Product and Development teams to understand project and release scope and create estimates and schedules and to determine resourcing needs.
• Provide status of project activities on a routine basis
• Serve as an escalation point for the direct team or assigned projects.
• Escalate risks and issues to the Manager/Director of QA as needed
• Balance multiple competing priorities, ensuring that the project team remains focused on key deliverables
• Establish the necessary customer collaboration for the seamless delivery of software and minimizing issues.
• Manage the use of key testing tools to support defined processes. Review and evaluate new processes and tools for continuous process and quality improvement.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation
• Facilitate the triage of defects for supported customers as well as the continuous review of defects reported.
• Follow through for all issues identified to ensure prompt resolution.
• Provide continuous improvement by evaluating customer reported issues for root cause and future prevention.
Does this sound like you?
We are looking for a subject matter expert (SME) who has knowledge and expertise in the insurance industry (ideally Life/Health/Annuity programs).
• Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of life insurance related experience (Life / Health / Annuity)
• 3-5 years’ experience with software testing or product validation experience
• 1-3 years in a customer facing role or equivalent experience with customer interaction and collaboration
• Ability to lead medium to large sized or multiple projects and related software release deliverables
• Coordinate and oversee deliverables with onsite team members
• Experience working with and coordinating international and geographically dispersed teams
• Quick learning, team player and ability to operate independently and as a member of a team
• Excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively among stakeholders.
• Strong customer communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Preferred/Plus (not required)
• Experience using a Policy Administration System
• Experience with Individual/Group Life, Long Term Care, Universal Life Insurance
• Experience with commissions or claims
• Experience in or exposure to software programming/engineering
• Experience with software QA practices, standards and SDLC processes.
• Experience using MicroFocus (HP) ALM / Quality Center or similar industry standard testing tools
• Project Management experience
• Experience in the complete software product life cycle (SDLC). Lifecycle techniques, including Waterfall, Agile.
InsPro offers employees great perks in appreciation for the amazing work they do. In addition to flexible schedules, medical insurances, flex spending plans, 401(k) matching, and paid vacation time, one of the biggest benefits of working at InsPro is simply knowing the work will have a meaningful impact on the company's future. In this collaborative environment, talented employees watch their work lead to client success.
• Industry exposure: You will gain experience in the dynamic insurance industry which is growing in Philadelphia and surrounding areas
• Work that matters: You will contribute to a variety of meaningful projects which have significant impact on the company’s success
• Close-knit teams: InsPro’s intimate environment and flat organizational structure give you the opportunity to work closely with senior IT executives within the company
• Personal Development: Opportunity for growth and advancement as the company grows
*Inspro is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. *
Back to top