Technical Artist / Procedural Content Artist
If you know what this is: MEL, PyMEL, Perl, C++, Houdini® HDK, QT, PyQT, JSON, Alembic, FBX, or Collada, then we want to hear from you! Insomniac Games is looking for a Technical Artist to blend industry experience and artistic versatility to a variety of production tasks and endeavors. Paramount to the role, the Technical Artist must possess the agility required to move quickly between technical and artistic challenges. Sounds like we are looking for a gymnast! In addition, this Artist must leverage their experience to provide feedback, training, and recommendations throughout the course of product development. It’s challenging – but we know you are up for it! Read on
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in setting visual and technical targets for new or existing properties
- Provide clear recommendations for pipeline, engine, and tools improvements.
- Assists is setting technical specifications for projects
- Creates assets using Procedural Methods for games
- Creates and implements Procedural Content Creation Systems and Tools for the team
- Manages and profiles performance of Procedurally-generated assets
- Fixes bugs and provides supports to Procedurally-generated assets and tools
- Provide detailed and relevant technical feedback to the team
- Stays current with industry leading technology, techniques, and programs.
- Acts as liaison between art and technology groups
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or two to four years in Film, VFX, or AAA console game development or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced understanding of Houdini®.
- Ability to implement basic geometric algorithms programmatically.
- Experience with a game engine like Unreal or Unity and Maya/Max a plus.
- Working Knowledge of MEL, PyMEL, Perl, C++, Houdini® HDK, QT, PyQT, JSON, Alembic, FBX, or Collada desired.
If this sounds like the challenge that you have been looking for – then we want to hear from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to the role. Thanks!
Back to top