Senior UI Artist
UI can mean different things to different people. Could be University of Iceland at Reykjavik, or universal indicator in regards to pH levels, or it could be utility infielder- a baseball player. What we are looking for is the UI Artist- the user interface kind! This senior member of the team develops art content for user interfaces, motion graphics and other in game needs. We would be looking to you to mentor, tutor, and provide assistance to other artists to improve workflow and content pipeline. Read on for more details!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with art director, lead artist and concept artist to maintain art direction for the game
- Participates in development of art work for products, with a focus on HUD, User Interface, and motion graphics
- Collaborates with the Design Lead to establish and wireframe the UI flow
- Animates/scripts events in Flash.
- Coordinates the work of vendors and freelancers as required
- Teaches, trains and interprets data and resolves routine issues
- Experiment with and/or evaluate techniques and/or art programs to improve efficiency, workflow, or pipeline contribution to game art
- May provide input to training methodologies and hiring
- Indirectly oversees the work of the artists for an assigned project and provides performance feedback to the Director(s) of Art
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Flash.
- Experience with a 3D application.
- Able to work on both a Mac and PC.
Other Skills that are a big plus: Good attention to detail, strong foundation skills, multitasking, collaboration with other teams, and working knowledge of best practices for game design.
If this sounds like the role for you – then we look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to the role. Thanks!
Back to top