Senior Character TD
Are you ready to work with the Character TD team here at Insomniac Games? Are you ready to work with the people who helped get Ratchet up and running? Or got the Herkers and Blowers to raise a bit of a ruckus? Our Character TD’s are here to help design, implement and maintain the animation and rigging pipeline, while responsible for creating character setups, MEL/Python tools and basic animations as needed. You would get to work with other departments to solve related production issues. Keep reading if you are interested!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Create high quality animation rigs, systems, setups and workflows that help to define the standard for the industry
- Design and continuously improve the character set-up process as it relates to the animation pipeline
- Rig characters in preparation for animation.
- Contribute to the design and development of the animation pipeline and production process for the department based on project and companywide goals, needs and requirements
- Work with the Core Dept on improving engine and tools features to advance the state of the art of the in game and cinematic character performances
- Work with the Art Department on modeling practices to facilitate the set-up process and to advance the visual fidelity of the character performances
- Assist the animation team in troubleshooting setup and animation problems as they arise, and help animators solve unique and/or complex technical problems as they arise
- Understand (and assist when needs arise) the entire process of creating cinematics
- Create sample animations for the purpose of testing new and existing systems, and animate cameras and simple objects for gameplay and cinematics as necessary
- Edit and improve existing character animation systems, including facial setups and animation transfer tools
- While there are no supervisory responsibilities; this position assists the Leads with supervising and mentoring more junior level Character TD’s.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to four years of experience in character setup, MEL and Python scripting and a comprehensive understanding of all technical aspects of Maya animation.
- One to two years of animation training covering all basic animation principals.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya,
- Strong working knowledge of MEL and Python scripting as it applies to character setup and animation.
- Basic knowledge of DOS.
If this sounds like the role for you, please use the link below and apply directly. We look forward to hearing from you! Thanks
Back to top