Area of Interest: Quality Assurance
Job Title: QA Tester City: Durham
State / Province: North Carolina
Job Description: Do you want to be paid to play video games? How about having access to unreleased games, and playing them before anyone else can? We are looking for several gamers who are looking to do just that! We need testers! Insomniac Games is looking for candidates who want to help facilitate the rapid correction of issues that negatively affect the functionality and the end consumer experience and opinion of the product- you know make the game AWESOME! Testers get to play the games to find, isolate, describe and report issues found and to verify their corrections.
What you will be doing:
- Find and report issues (AKA – bugs and inconsistencies)
- Clarify issues (providing detailed information if necessary).
- Verify the resolution of issues and see things through to the end of the testing process
- Play through the game, performing adhoc testing
- Thoroughly test a specific feature/executing test cases
- Assist in the generation of test cases.
What we ask of you:
- Previous gaming testing experience required (Minimum of 6 months, 1+ year(s) preferred).
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, and have crazy gaming skills
- Amazing, freakishly wonderful attention to detail, great verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- This is a full time TEMPORARY position with the possibility for overtime.
- All candidates must be willing to work 40+ hours weekly, when necessary and as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for hire.
- Local candidates only. No relocation is provided.
- Pay starts at $12/hr. May be evaluated for an increase after 60 days
- You will be working on our VR project. That means, we need testers who don’t get motion sickness easily AND who can stand for long periods of time.
If you are interested in games, and this sounds like something that you would love to do, please apply on-line. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Meet Some of Insomniac Games's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a senior software engineer at Insomniac, Abdul works with the Core Team, creating new software to push the limits of the next-gen systems Insomniac is working on.
Back to top