Mid/Sr Level Gameplay Programmer
Insomniac Games is looking for a Mid or Sr level gameplay programmer, a person who is never satisfied with "good enough" and who is still looking for "that challenge" that will make our games as mind-blowing as possible, and raise the level of programming and code development for the whole group. Our programmers design, implement, and debug gameplay systems and features. Keep reading if this sounds interesting!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement gameplay features within an established framework, including server functionality as appropriate
- Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base
- Implement and augment tools to expose features to content creators
- Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about progress of programming deliverables as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have shipped one or more titles.
- Highly proficient with an application programming language (C,C++,C#).
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with commercial content creation packages (Maya, 3DS Max, Flash, as applicable to role).
- Familiarity with component-based programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with networking programming.
- Experience designing and implementing gameplay systems and features for commercially released games.
- Avid gamer, especially AAA controller-based games.
Other Skills: Dedication towards individual and team growth. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment. Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently when required. Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we want to hear from you. Please use the link above and apply directly. Thanks!
Meet Some of Insomniac Games's Employees
As an environment artist at Insomniac, Trey strives to create beautiful environments that tell a story, using performance-conscious techniques to avoid lagging gameplay.
Back to top