Engine Programmer - Mid or Senior Level
Insomniac Games is looking for a Mid to Senior level engine programmer to work with the engine team to design, add and modify features of both runtime and tools components of our engine. This role designs, writes and modifies data and code with a heavy focus on real-time performance and usability. This programmer will provide features which can be used in practice to create best-in-class contributions to our games. Our engine programmers write and modify tools that will provide access to engine features. Read on if you are interested!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and develop data and code based on direction and/or feedback from Engine leads or Engine Director
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Educate other departments on technology and engine functionality
- Implement new functionality in tools and engine
- Design and implement efficient low-level systems to support higher-level programmers & pipelines
- Design and implement tools that allow content creators to quickly iterate on game ideas
- Rewrite existing systems as directed for increased functionality, reduced memory usage, and increased performance
- Respond to bugs and feature requests related to engine code as directed
- Keep current with the technological developments and advancements in the computer game industry
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs
- Complete processor-specific optimization tasks
- Analyze code performance
- Document technology implementation details
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced C, C++, and assembly/microcode programming (various CPU cores).
- Strong grasp of mathematical concepts, graphics, collision detection, data transformation, database management and advanced programming techniques.
- Ability to work with various content creation and analytical tools such as Microsoft PIX and RAD Telemetry.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for -- please use the link above. This role could be located in either the Burbank, CA or Raleigh, NC studio. Thanks!
Meet Some of Insomniac Games's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a senior software engineer at Insomniac, Abdul works with the Core Team, creating new software to push the limits of the next-gen systems Insomniac is working on.
Back to top