Area of Interest: Animation
Job Title: Animator City: Burbank
State / Province: California
Job Description: Are you talented at taking bits of info, a vague idea, and turning it into a reality? If so – this is the role for you. Insomniac Games is looking for an animator who can be responsible for creating high quality animations of 3D characters, weapons, vehicles and cameras for both gameplay and cinematic sequences. We are especially looking for your skills in pre-viz and layout experience, as we are currently looking for animators that can help imagine and iterate gameplay and story ideas. If you are interested, read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Create high quality in-game and cinematic animations using hand key animation and motion capture data
- Work well in a highly collaborative environment with other animators, designers, and programmers, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and take direction well
- Successfully implement characters using all the necessary tools including proprietary software
- Ability to manipulate motion capture data within Maya and Motion Builder to achieve desired performance while maintaining the integrity of the base mocap data.
- Ability to animate a variety of facial expressions
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, covering all basic animation principles and techniques.
- At least two years’ experience working with motion capture to create in-game and cinematic performances that go beyond the underlying motion capture and exude personality.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and MotionBuilder
- Working knowledge of basic office programs such as Word and Excel.
Other Skills: Advanced and demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal. A fundamental understanding of creating animation content for video games.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for – then we want to hear from you. Please note this is a temporary, but benefit eligible position. Use the link below to apply, and thanks!
Meet Some of Insomniac Games's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a senior software engineer at Insomniac, Abdul works with the Core Team, creating new software to push the limits of the next-gen systems Insomniac is working on.
Back to top