Full-Stack Software Engineer
Insikt is a rapidly growing technology company that connects borrowers seeking loans with investors seeking better, stable returns. Our mission is to bring trust and transparency back to the world of lending and securitization while also helping underserved families and small businesses find responsible credit options.
We have brought together the best and brightest from top tier technology companies, leading financial service providers, and world class investment firms. We are funded by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in the world, including First Mark Capital, Capital One, Continental Investors and Serengeti Asset Management.
We are a tight knit team of highly talented and motivated people from a diverse set of backgrounds and industries all tenaciously driven by our mission. We value creativity, courage, and collaboration and we believe in letting the best and most innovative ideas rise to the top. We are looking for the absolute best people who want work hard, play hard, and build a socially-minded, profitable, and enduring business in the process.
What we are looking for at Insikt:
- You are a great programmer. You leave the code in substantially better state than you found it.
- You are interested in business logic. You enjoy applying real-world business rules to data and systems.
- You believe in teams. You know that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- You have an architectural perspective. You can lead the design of medium to large projects with feedback from other engineers.
- You would like to do things the right way. You know what works and what doesn’t and you can elaborate on the why and how.
- Build robust, highly scalable, and visible user facing features
- Design and develop large scale web applications
- Collaborate with other engineers to discuss design and development
- Champion best practices for building reliable software
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional proficiency in at least one statically-typed language (Java preferred)
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases (PostreSQL, MongoDB, etc)
- Familiar with distributed systems
- Ability to write modular and maintainable code
- Ability to write automated tests and produce testable code
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with Git
- High level of competency in Test-Driven Development, having delivered scalable and efficient applications
- Experience designing microservices
- Familiar with data infrastructure
- Practical experience with modern deployment tools and infrastructure as code (we run on AWS)
- Unix systems administration and BASH scripting
- Familiarity with the lending space
Compensation and Perks:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (Insikt pays 100% of your medical monthly premiums!!)
- 401K program
- Convenient location in downtown San Francisco less than two blocks from BART
- Complementary snacks in the office
- Onsite gym
See Inside the Office of Insikt
Founded in 2012 by James Gutierrez, Insikt was born out of the belief that access to affordable and fairly priced loans should not be limited to people with high incomes and FICO scores. Insikt believes the lenders of tomorrow are not banks, but instead media companies, retailers, and brands that have deep relationships with their customers. The Insikt Team works to support this exciting transformation.
Back to top