Bilingual Legal Collections Associate (Spanish/English)
Insikt is a rapidly growing technology company that connects borrowers seeking loans with investors seeking better, stable returns. Our mission is to bring trust and transparency back to the world of lending and securitization while also helping underserved families and small businesses find responsible credit options. We are accomplishing this mission by enabling:
- Our proprietary white-label lending platform (Lendify) allows any retail store, online brand, or distribution partner to make loans or provide purchase financing to its customers, in its own brand name, without any prior credit expertise and with minimal upfront investment.
- Our proprietary investing platform allows accredited investors to buy into a variety of investment instruments backed by distinct loan portfolios underwritten in-house. Each investor has online access to all the same data as our Risk and Analytics teams, ensuring transparency into all investment instruments.
We have brought together the best and brightest from top tier technology companies, leading financial service providers, and world class investment firms. We are funded by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in the world, including Firstmark Capital, Capital One, Continental Investors, and Serengeti Asset Management.
We are a tight knit team of highly talented and motivated people from a diverse set of backgrounds and industries all tenaciously driven by our mission. We value creativity, courage, and collaboration and we believe in letting the best and most innovative ideas rise to the top. We are looking for the absolute best people who want work hard, play hard, and build a socially-minded, profitable, and enduring business in the process.
We are looking for a Bilingual Legal Collections Associate to manage all Collections court cases in Northern California. This person will be responsible for owning court cases from beginning to end, filing and servicing borrowers through judgments and wage garnishments. The Bilingual Legal Collections Associate will be responsible for maintain a positive and professional reputation while representing Insikt in court in addition to consistently providing the best customer experience through Insikt standards, policies, and procedures
- Work with 3rd parties and other Insikt teams to initiate small claims court cases in Northern California.
- Work with process servers to increase proportion of customers who can be served.
- Attend all court hearings in Northern California, including, but not limited to North Bay, South Bay & East Bay, with the goal of settling with the customer or receiving a judgment.
- Update case management software and collections systems on a regular basis with all relevant case paperwork and information.
- Initiate and execute wage garnishment when necessary.
- Negotiate with customers who are in the Legal Collections treatment and arrange repayment plans.
- Fluent in English and Spanish language
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Experience in working under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Skills in negotiating and payment persuasions
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- Eager to learn legal procedures, protocols, and judicial court system
- Excellent MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Valid California driver license
- Nice to Have: 2 years of secondary education
- Nice to Have: 2 years of experience in financial industry and/or handling court cases
See Inside the Office of Insikt
Founded in 2012 by James Gutierrez, Insikt was born out of the belief that access to affordable and fairly priced loans should not be limited to people with high incomes and FICO scores. Insikt believes the lenders of tomorrow are not banks, but instead media companies, retailers, and brands that have deep relationships with their customers. The Insikt Team works to support this exciting transformation.
Back to top