This position is a general factory worker who is used to perform, assist or fill in for packers, grinders and others as needed.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assembles and stacks the proper number of cartons for machines unable to use case tapers to meet production needs. Labels cartons correctly.
- Ensures date code printer is printing the correct information on the cases, the print is in the correct location on the case, and is legible, if date code printer is not available he/she must stamp date codes on each case in the correct location and ensure the print is legible prior to stacking on pallet.
- Properly stacks full cartons on pallet to specified heights.
- Checks all cases on the skid have the same label & product.
- Moves full skids out of the packing area and pallet wraps product.
- Moves corrugated material to area for assembly in a timely manner. Loads waiting trailers.
- Properly operates pallet stretch wrap machine.
- Fills out assigned paperwork (i.e. carton count log, transfer trailer loading log and cross dock training log, etc.)
Product Safety and Quality
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Maintains a good attendance record
- May be Forklift certified if needed
- Generally willing to work overtime
- Performs Grinder or Packer duties as needed
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience - No prior experience needed. Three months of experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful. 2. Math - Must be able to count and perform simple addition and subtraction. 3. Reasoning - Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Must pay attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In a 12-hour shift while performing this job, the employee may stand or walk around.
- Physical activities include lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting.
- Floor lifts of 25-50 lbs. are performed frequently. High floor lifts up to 25 lbs are performed frequently; high floor lifts 25-50 lbs performed occasionally.
- 700-1300 lbs. pallets are occasionally pulled (12-13 pallets/day) approximately 350' with a manual pallet jack.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The grinder is occasionally required to perform gross manual dexterity tasks including assembling boxes and placing plastic liners in them.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required and provided.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of static electrical shock.
- Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to self or others.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top