Tooling Engineering Manager
The candidate will be responsible for all tooling related projects to ensure quality and on time and on budget execution. Candidate will be responsible for tool engineering activities relating to new product development and some ongoing manufacturing support. Duties also include activities focusing on the company and departmental objectives in respect to increasing revenue, cost reduction and improved quality.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage tooling projects built domestically and overseas
- Maintains accurate tooling records and manages all tool electronic design files
- Provide updates to key stakeholders on tooling projects
- Acts as the driver in advancing technology and processes to make year-over-year improvements to tool design, manufacturing and procurement
- Manage all tooling projects including but not limited to new product tools, duplicate tools, platform transfer tools
- Deliver quality tooling on time and on budget
- Forecast operating costs of the group and submit tool cost estimates as needed
- Direct personnel activities of department, such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments
Required knowledge and skills
- Skilled in 3D solid modeling software, Solidworks experience is a plus
- Specific knowledge of product and tool design for thermoforming is required. Knowledge of injection molding tooling/process is a plus
- Tool making or machine shop experience is preferred
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment involving plastic processes
- Strong problem solving skills with good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment
- Education and/or Experience -
- Requires Bachelor's degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Master degree in engineering or business administration is a plus
- Plastic Thermoforming experience required. Five years or more relevant engineering, machine shop or manufacturing experience in consumer products within a plastic thermoforming environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- The ability to work a flexible schedule with frequent travel (domestic and international) as needed, between 5-20%
- Language Skills - English speaking. The ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports. The ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to comprehend and apply principles of calculus, and differential equations and statistical theory.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top