Tool Prep Utility
- McDonough, GA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Crate, ship and documentation of Pre-Heat and Contact Heat tooling to our satellite facilities.
- Assists with tool prep. (i.e.- cavity cleaning, cleaning vent holes, etc.)
- Transports tooling to and from Production and Tool Prep., returns tooling to its proper storage area once tool prep. is completed
- Performs minor repairs on tools
- Lifts, moves, clamp, and bolts dies and fixtures on machines.
- Fills tanks and oil cups with lubricants and coolants.
- Assists with lifting and positioning work pieces.
- Assists in removing work pieces and scrap from machines.
- Files, grinds, or scrapes sharp edges, burrs, scales, or rust from work pieces.
- Sorts, marks, or tags finished work.
- Furnishes Machine Operator with materials, tools, and supplies.
- Helps in keeping mold shop parts inventories stocked and in proper order.
- Cleans work areas, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Fills in where directed as workload changes
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Maintains satisfactory attendance record.
- Generally willing to work overtime.
1. Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Language - In work-related situations, must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
3. Math - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Should be able to read a tape measure.
- Reasoning - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems and working in a safe and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job in an eight (8) hour shift, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate/occasionally loud.
- Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to self or others. An accident, should it occur, may result in injuries of a partially incapacitating nature such as loss of a limb eye, back strain or severe health hazard.
Back to top