Temp to Hire Packer
- Salt Lake City, UT
DO YOU WANT TO:
- Earn $100 weekly bonus just for being on time and showing up to work? (through October 2, 2021)
- Get paid every Thursday?
- Only work half the month with our rotating schedule
- Have a 3-day weekend every other weekend
- Have paid holidays after 30 days
- Receive paid lunches and breaks for the full 12 hour shift
- Have guaranteed overtime every other week
- Have the option to work extra overtime after training period
- Have an opportunity for cross training and growth in the company
If you do, Inline Plastics is the place for you!
Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that are among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long-Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; Generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4.25%; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program.
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 36/48
UT Day Shift: 5 am - 5 pm
UT Night Shift: 5 pm - 5 am
Summary: Responsible for removing, inspecting and packing quality product coming from the machines and acting as a resource for quality control.
Essential Job Functions:
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning.
- Adheres to lockout procedures any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Follows IPC Product Safety and Product Defense quality standards.
- Must be able to read and interpret QC Standards and perform all visual and functional required tests.
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Follows FDA product safety standards and complies with all SQF requirements.
- Responsible for performing Quality Control inspections of product for defects against IPC Quality Standards and properly document test results on QC013 form as required by WI-QC014-S at each work center at required intervals.
- When/if defective product is found, set aside and notify his/her operator.
- Removes parts from machines/stackers and packs properly in cartons.
- Ability to pack/stack parts when machine is running at various cycle speeds.
- Monitor, inspect and pack/stack multiple machines when assigned to machines with gravity and automated stackers.
- Accurately monitors proper piece count per carton.
- Retrieves own cartons and readies for case taper.
- Verifies that labels are correct, with proper work order number and applied to cartons correctly.
- Feeds carton into case taper so that it is properly sealed.
- Inspects cartons for proper date code and verify that the date code is legible.
- Properly stacks full cartons on pallet to specified heights.
- Must be able to accurately document test results.
- Must be able to accurately document machine related issues.
- Presses MDT button on a timely basis to indicate when a carton is full.
- Alerts supervision/lead of downtime occurrence and presses correct MDT code when downtime occurs.
- Operates MDT box to identify downtime occurrences.
- Immediately stops machine using emergency stop button (estop) when a problem occurs and turns on machine light to signal a problem.
- Repacks defective or damaged product.
- Must be able to safely remove rewind from the GN machines and place them in the proper bins.
- Assists in relieving for breaks as directed.
- May be required to assist in new Packer training.
- Follows procedures for daily and weekly machine cleaning and brings any potential machine issues to the attention of the machine operator.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Generally willing to work overtime.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful.
- In work-related situations, must be able to take direction and communicate in English and/or Spanish as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to count and perform simple addition and subtraction.
- Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- While performing this job in a 12-hour shift, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- Frequent physical activities include lifting, reaching, bending and twisting, as well as gross manual dexterity tasks. During an inspection phase, occasional fine motor tasks are required.
- Lifts 10 to 25 lbs frequently; lifts up to 50 lbs occasionally. This combined with bending and twisting occurs frequently (every 3 1/2 minutes throughout the shift). This task occurs more frequently when assigned to the pre-heat machines.
- This job does not involve repetitive motion by design, but observation notes that some employees by habit perform tasks in such a manner that repetitive motion occurs.
- Kneeling on floor and pulling roll of rewind from machine.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required and provided.
Back to top