Temp to Hire Grinder
- Shelton, CT
In this position an employee collects and grinds all the scrap plastic for recycling.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares sufficient supply of clean gaylords with bags inserted
- Correctly segregates and identifies different materials such as OPS, PET or other plastics
- Feeds grinder so as to prevent jams or other malfunctions due to improper handling
- Able to clean any and all grinders and knows the proper operation and cleaning of the Torrit dust collectors. Understands lockout/tagout procedures.
- Properly cover, shrink-wrap and label filled gaylords after shredding.
- Moves gay-lords to the proper area for pick-up by Warehouse Operator.
- Accurately and consistently performs administrative tasks such as properly weighing, tagging and recording of information.
- Practices safe work habits and follow general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE). Safely operates the grinder and related equipment.
- May be forklift certified
- Maintains a good attendance record
- Generally willing to work overtime
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
1. Education and/or Experience No prior experience needed. Three months of experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful.
2. Language In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. 3. Math Must be able to count and perform simple addition and subtraction.
4. Reasoning Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In a 12-hour shift while performing this job, the employee may sit, stand or walk.
- Physical activities include lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and twisting.
- Pallet stacking or unstacking of boxes 25-50 lbs. is performed occasionally.
- 700-1300 lbs. pallets are occasionally pulled (12-13 pallets/day) approximately 40' with a pallet jack.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing this job, the employee may stand or walk around.
- This grinder is occasionally required to perform gross manual dexterity tasks including assembling boxes and placing plastic liners in them.
- Kneeling on floor and pulling roll of rewind from machine.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required and provided.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of static electrical shock.
- Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to self or others. An accident, should it occur, may result in injuries in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns or bruises or a partially incapacitating nature such as back strain, fracture, or bruising. Placing body to close to grinder may result in partial incapacitation due to loss of arm, leg or eye, or a severe health hazard with potential long term debilitating effects.
Back to top