Set-Up Technician Lead
The Setup Lead provides leadership that fosters teamwork while coordinating daily activities; is able to perform the functions of the Setup Team; fills in for technical supervision as needed.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that Work orders are created for all CM (corrective Maintenance) orders in Nexgen.
- Prints out and assigns CM's to a member of the Technical team.
- Follows up and ensure the work is completed in an efficient manner and completes the work orders in Nexgen.
- Consumes parts and documents all necessary information correctly in Nexgen, pertaining to the CM order.
- Ensures Pre Shift stretches are done by all team members (ergonomics).
- Conducts the shift start up meeting with the technical team, and assigns job duties for the day based on the business needs with input from the shift supervisor if needed.
- Ensures all setups are done with adequate resources, so as to not sacrifice personnel safety in order to prioritize manufacturing efficiency.
- Ensures that equipment repairs are done correctly (no band aids).
- All equipment repairs are documented in Nexgen.
- Keeps the management team informed (on weekends or in absence of technical management) of unscheduled breakdowns/ issues in maintaining the flow of production as set out by the Schedule.
- Responsible for overall safety of all Technical personnel on his shift.
- All equipment in the heater prep area, the parts crib and around manufacturing equipment is kept clean, orderly and SQF compliant (housekeeping).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Communication: Ability to communicate one-on-one and in groups. Ability to understand instructions and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Logical reasoning: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Mathematical: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportion, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Knowledge of statistical process control helpful. Knowledge of SPC/SQC in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Technical: Ability to use multimeters, power tools, drill press, table saw, and welder. Knowledge of hydraulic, electrical, and air-operated machinery is helpful. Mechanical and plumbing skills needed. Forklift driving experience helpful. Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Technological: Must be computer literate.
High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED); or 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical background including technical school or previous technician experience. College degree in manufacturing a plus.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold.
- Follows product safety (Safe Quality Food, a.k.a. SQF) and quality standards.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
All Employees Shall:
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program.
- Actively support the organization's efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
- Recommend improved EH&S practices.
- Must maintain regular and consistent attendance.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company or the terms of any collective bargaining agreement. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.
Back to top