Setup Technician - 7p-7a
Summary: Tests, analyzes and adjusts electro-mechanical devices such as timers, mechanical/solid state relays, solenoid valves, and electrically activated regulators. Should be familiar with major components such as power units, processor operation and simple programming. Must have the ability to make repairs and troubleshoot components with use of meters, blueprints, and other specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fluent use of hand tools to work on thermoform machines.
- Use of electrical meters in troubleshooting and analyzing machine problems.
- Use of hand and power tools to fabricate machine parts necessary to maintain and update machinery.
- Assembles wires, insulation, and electrical components, such as timing devices, relays, solenoids and regulators.
- Installs electrical assemblies and hardware in housing.
- Tests assembled equipment for circuit continuity and operational reliability.
- Analyzes test results and repairs or adjusts equipment according to analysis.
- Records test results and writes report on fabrication techniques used.
- Calibrates instruments according to specifications.
- Perform set-ups on GN, Sencorp and Lyle equipment.
- Assists in training of Setup Mechanics/Technicians.
- Understand and troubleshoot low and high voltage electrical circuits.
- Understand and troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance on the production equipment as well as on the production support equipment.
- Work with production automation equipment like robots, pallatizers, case erectors and high speed jet printers.
- Understand and troubleshoot PLC (Programmable Logic Controls).
- Understand and troubleshoot Servo motors and drives.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical background including technical school or previous technician experience. College degree in manufacturing a plus.
- Must be able to communicate on a one-on-one basis or in group situations, understand instructions and follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. SPC (Statistical Process Control) in production are very helpful.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Able to apply logic in troubleshooting problems and executing solutions in a timely, cost effective manner.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform various physical activities which require fine motor skills.
- Occasionally, this task requires reaching, climbing, kneeling, squatting and bending. All activities are performed occasionally (max 20 times per day).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting, pushing and pulling requirements are 35 pounds.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to use multimeters, power tools, drill press, table saw, and welder.
- Good working knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and air operated machinery. Hands on mechanical, some plumbing.
- Must be computer literate and able to read blueprints and schematics. Analyze the data and graft charts are very helpful.
- Forklift driving experience helpful.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top