Setup Technician (2nd shift Gold Nights)
Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4.25% of salary; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program.
Summary: Completes all tasks utilizing the Lockout/Tagout system in a safe and efficient manner. Operate, set up, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on: contact heat, preheat thermoforming machines and supports equipment (including, but not limited to: case tapers, Lifts, Yushin stackers, air compressors)
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively install tooling and perform set-ups on GN machines and support equipment within a prescribed time.
- Train new mechanics in performing set-ups on GN machines.
- Proficient at adjusting the knives.
- Proficient in measuring and changing molds, locks, and hinges.
- Conduct mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting.
- Able to look at a finished product and determine corrective actions based on irregularities of the product.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on GN and support equipment as described above.
- Performs set ups on preheat machines.
- Performs mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting to the best of their ability and seeks assistance as needed.
- Able to look at a finished product and determine corrective actions based on irregularities and non-conformances of the product.
- Assist in corrective and preventive maintenance on preheat machines and support equipment as described above.
- Able to identify, retrieve, and replace machine components from the stockroom.
- Fills out Purchase Request Form for any parts needed or consumed from the stockroom.
- Use computer to identify priorities, shop machine efficiencies (scrap, downtime standard cycle, speed, and machine problems).
- Properly fill out and file production, setup, PM, and Q.C. paperwork.
- Assist with the training of Production Lead, Operators, Packers, Grinders, and Utility personnel.
- Accurately communicates shift change information.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements.
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Assist in the smooth operation of production.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using mechanical and electrical schematics, technical manual, and electrical meters.
- Forklift operation certified. Maintains current forklift certification.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Generally willing to work overtime if needed.
- At the request of the supervisor, this job may be required to cover other positions such as Production Lead and Operator where a different set of physical requirements are needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School degree or equivalent. Vocational TechnicalCommunity College, or Formal Military mechanical and/or technical training a plus.
- Previous mechanical or electrical experience preferred.
- Thermoforming, Extrusion machinery, or packaging equipment highly desired.
- Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical control systems.
- Solid troubleshooting ability.
- Knowledge of Personal Computers and Microsoft Office a plus.
- In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good people skills required to interact with other production personnel and management.
- Must have patience and a methodical approach to work.
- Must pay attention to detail and able to identify machine malfunctions and work independently to correct them.
- Must be proficient in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and to calculate decimals and fractions.
- Must understand and work with metric system.
- Skillfully use a torque wrench and differentiate between inch lbs. and foot lbs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving a variety of situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform various physical activities which require fine motor skills.
This task requires reaching, climbing, kneeling, squatting, and bending. All activities are performed occasionally (max 20 times per day).
This job occasionally requires changing molds and heaters where items weighing150-300lbs. are pulled from a shelf onto a " Big Joe" moving machine. Storage heights are from 12 inches above floor level to five feet height.
Rarely a wooden platform is lifted and carried a distance of six feet to enable the operator to reach into the machine. Platform weights are 45 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Back to top