Regional Sales Manager
For almost 50 years, we have been innovating, growing and bringing to market the best in crystal clear, 100% recyclable PET clamshell and two-piece packaging. Our products are designed to attractively merchandise products from the produce, deli, bakery, grocery, convenience store and food service industries. From our groundbreaking Safe-T-Fresh® line to our latest Crystal Fresh® line, we create innovative, award winning packaging that meets any need.
Primary responsibility encompasses outside sales and support of pre-sales activities, including managing the direct sales force and independent sales representatives to insure the proper presentation of Inline Plastics Corp. The Sales Manager will identify target markets and accounts and formulate strategies to penetrate them. Additional responsibilities include, design of monitoring systems to track goals and accomplishments, forecasting business and budgeting expenses as may be required, and the representation of Inline Plastics Corp. in an assigned area. The overriding goal of these positions is to increase the annual sales of thermoformed product and automated assembler equipment.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Independent representatives management
- All pre-sale activities of the independent representative, including approval and assignment of existing accounts, target markets, and new customers.
- Support independent representatives' sales efforts by making direct sales calls with them.
- Assess the representatives' relationships, viability of existing accounts and the representatives' ability to produce new business at the account.
- Help representatives increase their sales at existing and targeted new accounts.
- Create a presence and build relationships between representatives, the accounts and Inline.
- Assessment of representatives' request for assignment of new accounts and the viability of assignment.
- Collect and maintain data to understand what the representatives are doing, tracks sales efforts and analyze successes and failures.
Direct sales management
- All pre-sale activities of direct sales accounts.
- Assess account relationships by making sales calls where appropriate.
- Provide training via feedback and guidance with respect to market knowledge, product knowledge and sales technique.
- Build strong relationships at major and key accounts to insure preferred status regarding new opportunities.
- Communicate direction and vision from management to insure proper presentation and execution in the field.
- Provide internal communication and support to management.
- Review effectiveness of the sales force, recruit and make changes as required..
- Report to management periodically, either written or verbally, information regarding new business, future objectives and goal setting.
- Create a system to collect and maintain data from sales call reports to track and analyze success and failures.
- Create a system for monitoring sales activities of the sales force with respect to weekly sales calls and itineraries.
- Create a system for tracking market and competitor information as it regards the current sales activities.
General sales management responsibilities
- Increase annual sales through the systematic addition of new accounts that meet the criteria for new business.
- Assess new and existing customer potential and communicate to management the viability of maintaining existing accounts and seeking new opportunities.
- Advise management when a strategic advantage or reason may warrant certain business as a target and justification of low margin pricing.
- Create a budget for sales and marketing expenses.
- Create a forecast of future business.
- Design and execute sales and marketing campaigns which exploit the current market position and strengths of Inline Plastics.
- Represent I.P.C. at strategic house accounts.
- Directly supervises one employee in the Customer Service function.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's with regard to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university; and three to five years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. He or she must posses the ability to compose letters in response to customer requests. Must be able to make prospective customer contacts and explain features of product or make recommendations based on customer's needs. Interact with customers or potential customers via the telephone, at trade shows or company meetings.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume; also the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to interact with public and handle all customer requests and product line development. Must be able to develop and analyze sales projection reports and statistics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is required to drive great distances or fly to customers' locations.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is dependent upon customer's location.
- Traveling is an extensive part of the job.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top