Regional Processor - Central Region
Primary responsibility is to lead the sales and marketing efforts within the category of Fresh Cut Fruit. This includes creating the strategy for how Inline will increase its penetration rate within the segment and will involve direct interaction and leadership at the largest and most influential fresh cut fruit processors. This position will also help create the strategy to further penetrate the local and in-store processing of major national grocery and food service companies. Other responsibilities include an assessment of the current Inline product portfolio as matched up to the needs of the market, with recommendations for new products as required, as well as localized training of the Inline team in order to provide competency development on selling into the Fresh Cut Fruit market.
- Development of the overall business strategy for the fresh cut fruit category
- Creation of implementation plan for the fresh cut fruit category, including creation of the list of targeted customers as well as the actions required to penetrate
- Become the relationship leader at the major fresh cut fruit key customers, identifying the critical stakeholders and decision makers and providing the value proposition which positions Inline as the supplier of choice
- Train the regional teams on how to best penetrate the local in-store processors, including major factors which influence packaging selection. Partner with the local teams at the largest opportunities in order to maximize Inline's positioning
- Assess current product portfolio and provide recommendations on new products required in order to further broaden Inlines' offering and value proposition
- Support the National Account teams on major opportunities at the national processor and grocery level
- Assume direct leadership and responsibility for the fresh cut fruit segment at major accounts, with a determined list to be finalized (Dole, Chicquita, Country Fresh, Seneca Foods, Ready Pac, RLB, Taylor Farms, Renaissance, Indy Fruit)
- Create an account penetration strategy for the big box fresh cut fruit market and personally lead our efforts to secure new business (Costco, BJ's, Sams)
- Provide needed field support to the marketing group on ideas and trends
- Conduct customer and distributor interviews to obtain VOC (voice of customer) needs of the market, as well as fine tune new product features and benefits essential for launching new product lines, line extensions, or new products
- Regularly provide information and support to the Company Leadership Team on topics including, but not limited to, pricing, product design, materials, market and sales trends, new opportunities, competitors' products, and current product line development.
- Support leadership team through analysis, reports, charts, presentations as needed
- Support and make joint sales calls when needed with the National Account Team and Regional teams to increase sales at existing and targeted fresh cut fruit accounts by acting as a subject matter expert (SME) (taking lead role in the preparation and delivery of customer presentations, public service activities and communications)
- Analyze existing and new customers for additional value that Inline Plastics can provide whether it be a new product, product enhancement, packaging change, material enhancement or any and all other behind the scenes ideas that Inline Plastics could develop to add a benefit to the customer. Gather and prioritize feedback from customers to guide the product roadmap.
- Develop a strategy for expansion and penetration into International markets, particularly in LATAM, in order to position and grow Inline in those areas
- Collect and maintain data to understand customer needs and market trends. Track sales effort and analyze results and improve them where needed
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in business, preferably with a Business or Marketing concentration, from a four-year college or university, or a broad theoretical / experiential knowledge equivalent to a four-year college or university education
- Three years' experience in a Product Management role
- Knowledge of PC's and business software is required
- Understanding of preheat and contact heat thermoforming methods, its associated tooling, and the various plastic materials utilized in thermoforming is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to make prospective customer contacts and explain features of product, or make recommendations based on customer's needs
- Must be able to interact with customers or potential customers via the telephone, at trade shows, or company meetings
- Solid mathematical skills
- Must have strong problem solving ability
- Must be willing to travel extensively
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top