RD&E Process Engineering Manager
For almost 50 years, we have been innovating, growing and bringing to market the best in crystal clear, 100% recyclable PET clamshell and two-piece packaging. Our products are designed to attractively merchandise products from the produce, deli, bakery, grocery, convenience store and food service industries. From our groundbreaking Safe-T-Fresh® line to our latest Crystal Fresh® line, we create innovative, award winning packaging that meets any need.
Process Engineering Manager
The RD&E Process Engineering Manager is responsible for the development and enhancement of prototype manufacturing processes utilizing thermoforming contact-heat and pre-heat machines (OMG-Lyle-GN) to ensure a smooth transition of new products/processes to production.
Uses scientific tools/approaches to investigate, develop and document the process parameters, provide hands on advanced level process troubleshooting and also the collection and analysis of data.
Will identify areas of improvement, implement processing improvement efforts and suggest design changes that could increase the overall process window for transfer to production.
Builds and supervises a small prototype production team that maximizes the usage of the machines for development across multiple shifts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or equivalent with 5 years' of experience in plastics processing. Knowledge of robotics, automation, equipment and processes, preferably in thermoforming
- Strong technical skills in thermoforming, tooling, materials, product design and affiliated processes; to include secondary operations and automation;
- Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of SPC, DOE, geometric tolerance and blueprint reading. Skilled in statistical analysis using Excel; Minitab is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Strong teamwork, organizational and communication skills.
- 6-Sigma certification is preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Inline Plastics Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top