Responsible for the quality of products supplied by the Inline Plastics facility in Connecticut. Primary duties are focused on the Quality Systems and Quality operations related to QMS integration, manufacturing, tooling qualification, customer satisfaction, sustaining management, and technical quality/service/costs improvements for the facility. This position will direct and manage the activities of the Quality organization by prioritizing objectives, managing, leading and coaching the onsite quality staff.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the Connectiut's manufacturing plant's quality system and acts as the Management Rep / Certified SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner according to the SQF 2000 code
- Plan, organize, direct and report on all quality-related activities at the facility
- Lead, manage, and develop the quality staff at the facility
- Manage the Internal Audit, SCAR, and CAPA process at the facility
- Lead the product safety program
- Assist with the implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) related to food contact packaging, and aligned to any FDA requirements
- Ensure proper approval and documentation practices are followed for any process, material or tooling changes at the facility
- Ensure compliance with Inline Plastics Quality Systems, all relevant internal procedures and policies, and any governmental regulatory requirements
- Develop, implement, and monitor facility development initiatives, including performance metrics, quality improvements, cost reduction, supplier forums, Six Sigma/Lean integration, and audits that align with Inline Plastics strategic goals and objectives
- Lead by Example: Setting continuous-improvement driven mentality and solid quality culture for the organization
- Establish and drive cultural standards of Quality, Service, Safety, Performance and Teamwork
- Collaborate with the corporate team to insure proper complaints handling and investigations
- Collaborate with the corporate team to ensure that effective up-to-date Quality Assurance documentation, procedures and specifications are maintained
- Develop, implement, and maintain technical quality assurance systems and activities, to include MSAs, SPC, Quality Plans, Control Plans, and FMEAs
- Plans, develops, promotes and maintains training programs that enhance the skills of employees to identify, record and track product/process nonconformities and implement appropriate corrective action
- Responsible for developing and communicating data analysis using statistical techniques on product defects, quality issues, and manufacturing performance, with plans for improvement
- Owns the inspection and product testing procedures to ensure consistent methods throughout the facility.
- Works with the Operations leadership to coordinate manufacturing and QA activities to ensure proper staffing coverage and maintain quality levels
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours
- Must be able to interact and build relationships with various departments and customers
- Participate in annual Quality, OpEx, and/or Supplier forums
- Education and/or Experience - BS degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. 7+ years experience in Quality Assurance. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred. Six Sigma or Lean certification or training preferred. HAACP and SQF certification required within a reasonable period of time. Must be able to supervise, work independently and keep abreast of quality issues on the production floor. Working knowledge of software programs - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project. Minitab experience is a plus.
- Skills / Competencies - Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner. Can effectively lead Change Management efforts. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Good problem solving skills, analytical and statistical problem solving tools. Strong collaboration, negotiating, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills with the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel, and influence the direction of projects. Self-starter and the ability to plan and organize workload under minimum supervision. Leadership experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top