Checks all running machines to see that parts meet specifications. Ensure quality throughout production. Assists the supervisor when necessary.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned.
- Inspects finished or in-process product and determines acceptance or rejection.
- Evaluates product against standards and using simple measuring tools and fixtures.
- Assures quality with regards to machine set-up, raw materials, warehouse, manufacturing, and housekeeping.
- Uses basis math skills, including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, computer scanning devices, use of adjustable measuring instruments.
- Checks reports, forms, records and comparable data to ensure compliance to procedures and requirements.
- Use of some judgment to comply with instructions, prescribed routines, methods and/or practices involving making minor decisions.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Three (3) months up to and including twelve (12) months experience in quality inspection.
- Language Skills - Must be able to communicate on a one-on-one basis or in group situations, understand instructions and follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) testing standards, and forms.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Required to wear hearing and eye protection while on production floor.
- Normal care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to others. An accident, should it occur, may result in lost time injuries such as back strain. Is required to follow Company Safety procedures.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top