Quality Inspector "A"
Our company offers a choice array of benefit programs that is among the best in our industry. Our benefit package includes Medical (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance; Basic Life, AD&D and Voluntary Life Insurance; Short Term Disability and Voluntary Long Term Disability; Paid Holidays and Vacation; generous 401(k) company match at 100% up to 4.25% of salary; Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program.
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 36/48
Day Shift: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Summary: Audits processes to ensure all systems and procedures are being followed and inspects product to ensure requirements are being met. Must be flexible with regard to working hours to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Audits procedures, work instructions, systems and procedures along with appropriate documentation to ensure compliance.
- Inspects finished or in-process product and determines acceptance or rejection.
- Evaluates product against standards using required measuring tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Assures quality with regards to line clearance, raw materials, manufacturing, and housekeeping.
- Must be able to use basic math skills, including decimals and fractions, simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, computer scanning devices and adjustable measuring instruments.
- Must be able to audits reports, forms, records and comparable data to ensure compliance to procedures and requirements.
- Must be able to enter and interpret data in Excel, Access, Word and SPC software.
- Must be able to use measuring devices (scales, magna mic, force gages, micrometers, calipers, etc.) requiring computer input knowledge.
- Must be able to use judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes, including minor modification or pre-programmed computer routines within limits of recognized standard methods and procedures.
- Must be able to comply with instructions, prescribed routines, methods and/or practices or to respond to preset computer menu choices or preprogrammed computer commands involving making a minor decision.
- Is responsible for the training and guidance of all other quality inspectors and production personnel with respect to QC methods and procedures.
- Must have problem solving skills for (assisting in) investigating customer complaints and manufacturing issues.
- Must be able to work with supervision to resolve problems.
- Must follow Product Safety and Quality standards
- Must follow FDA GMP's in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee.
- Must practice safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Must practice good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards.
- Must comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements
- Adheres to lockout procedures any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED); a minimum of three (3) years experience in quality inspection or one (1) year experience in the Company's manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to take direction and communicate in English on a one-on-one basis or in group situations as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills are a plus.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- While performing this job, the employee will stand, sit or walk around.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Required to wear hearing and eye protection as well as other appropriate PPE while on production floor.
Meet Some of Inline Plastics's Employees
Sarah helps spread the word about Inline Plastics to people and industries around the world through strategic marketing materials and campaigns.
Back to top